Based in Los Angeles, USA, Buy Default is an online directory for products and services for black people by black people and to promote black businesses.
KEMOSO was contracted to design the corporate identity and logo animation for Los Angeles based organisation BUY DEFAULT.
The main symbol used is the Andinkra symbol “Akoma Ntoaso”, which means “the joining of hearts.”
We were also contracted to design and develop the website, which was to be an online directory of black-owned businesses primarily in the United States of America.
KEMOSO created the corporate identity, which comprised of the following:
- Letterhead design
- Email signature design
- Business card design
- Brand Guide
We also created a logo animation, introducing the brand to its target audience.
After that, we created a website with the following features:
- Optimised for search engines
- Included an online directory functionality
- Different businesses could be added and placed in different categories
- An advanced filter makes it easy for website visitors to find the exact business that they are looking for
- A ‘blog’ functionality was also included so that Buy Default could continually post updates